To Families/Students of ISD 300:
This will be the last weekly update I will be sharing for this year. I hope you found it helpful. As we reach the end of the year it seems a bit unreal that we were in school on March 16th and knew we would be out on March 18th for a period of time. I don’t think any of us anticipated the rest of the year. During distance learning, I heard about some great innovations, some challenges, perseverance, and many stories of how to stay connected in this environment. I think all of us have learned a lot.
I will share things this summer as they are made available. I know many questions surround the beginning of school and what that may look like, will the building be ready, etc. This coming week has been set aside for students to finish up their coursework and pick up/drop off materials at school. We sent out a flier earlier for you to review and please let us know if you have any questions. This is another first for all of us! Thanks for all of your efforts to support each other, find success and reach the end of distance learning.
- Here is a link to the latest video on the construction update: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U4mLsKLySa3Rgy5o1L8EUiYt7OckCYjU
- We wrapped up our individual graduation ceremonies last Tuesday. It was great to see all of you and a huge thanks to Ms. Kemp, Ms. Hollenbeck, and Ms. Redman for all of their organization and work.
- Seniors, we will be sharing the condensed video of the virtual graduation once it is completed. A huge thanks to Ms. Von Arx for taking this on.
- Middle School awards will be available as part of the pickup/drop off next week.
- We have been in the process of interviewing staff for several teaching openings and will have some new faces next year.
- We wish Mr. Huerkamp, Mr. Conway, and Ms. Swerman all of the best in retirement! Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
- Seniors will be participating in a community parade on Friday, May 22nd! As a Farewell to the class of 2020, please see our surprise for you that will be placed around the school! Feel free to take one for yourself :)
Yours in Education
Steven E. Smith