Welcome to ISD 300 Driver’s Education!
ISD #300 Driver Education classroom instruction and behind the wheel training for La Crescent-Hokah students is coordinated through the La Crescent - Hokah Public Schools Community Education Office.
Students are now eligible to take the class at 14 years of age, but are not eligible to take the permit test until they are 15 years old.
Students may be scheduled for Behind-The-Wheel as soon as they obtain their permit.
• Students need a notebook and pen/pencil for classroom hours.
• Class size is a minimum of 14 and maximum of 30.
• Register early, as class fills quickly.
• Registrations and payments are made to the Community Education Office. Parent/Guardian needs to complete and sign a separate form to officially register the student.
• Fee waivers and reductions do not apply to the Driver Education course.
• We can only accept full payment of $355.00. Full payment is due at registration. Prices may vary depending on fuel costs.
• Check should be made payable to ISD 300. Include student’s full first, middle and last name on registration.
Drivers Education Parent Meetings 2018
Parents are encouraged to attend the Driver’s Education Parent Meeting. If your child will be attending Drivers Education during 2018, please join Scott Martin on Monday, January 8, 2018 at 6:30 to 8 pm in the Auditorium.
Parents of future drivers are strongly encouraged to attend the Parent Meeting to learn what will be covered in their student’s Driver Education course, and to refresh some of their own knowledge and driving habits to set a good example for responsible behind the wheel driving. Parents that attend the meeting will receive a certificate for completing the class, and will also have the option of reducing the required 50 hours of behind the wheel driving with their student to 40 hours.
The next opportunity for the Parent Meeting will be in June, 2018.